For this part of the reading test, it is important to read what comes before and after the gap. Clues in the text include:
- linkers of contrast, addition, etc. (however, in addition, furthermore, etc.)
- vocabulary related to the theme of that part of the text
- Read the whole text quickly to get an idea of what the text is about.
- Carefully read the text before and after the gap and think about the meaning. Try to predict the type of information that is missing.
- Read the sentence options and find one that makes sense by using the clues above (pronouns, vocabulary, etc.)
- If you have problems choosing the correct answer, eliminate those you know are wrong.
- Read the complete text. Does it make sense?
- If you are unsure, about an answer, make an intelligent guess. Do not leave gaps. It is possible your guess is correct and you will get more points!